Not quite every athlete played on w/e of 5/6 Nov, but not far off. And some of those who didn't play came to support the Premier League team (and eat pizza). Big thanks to coaches, admin and parents help to ensure all the athletes were in the right place at the right time and ready to perform, learn and develop. Nine matches, more than 80 athletes playing.
This weekend (12/13 Nov) we have both u14 teams play, Prem are away and Northern league are at home. WY Senior have a clash with Calderdale today. Recommend any youngsters not playing a match come and watch the Northern league match as it is a clash against local rivals HiTech, 11:30am start Beckett, Sunday 13 November. Next weekend most of our Juniors are playing matches, and there are few senior matches.
RESULTS Saturday WY Senior team beat HiLites 61-24, a good convincing win. Means we are second in the league, but with a game in hand. Important and very tough clash this week against Calderdale.
RESULTS Sunday Juniors
- U12C, our young u11 playing up a year, with Mark, beat Yorkshire Terriers2 23-2, very convincing and top of the table
- In the U12 league, our U12B beat YMCA 16-2 and our U12A, Yorkshire Terriers1 45-4. Both these teams are unbeaten and sit together at the top of the league. Thanks to John for taking both U12A&B.
- U14B, with parents doing rotations today, beat YMCA 33-21, and sit in 3rd place in the league, just behind u14A.
Sunday Senior matches, but with a lot of U16 playing in Regional and Northern league these teams
- Regional League, against Goole, coached by Maggie. Ground out a good win against Goole 48-26. Second in the table, on goal difference.
- Northern league away against Oaksway, coached by Jan, won by just 5 goals. This leaves us second in the league.
in other results our Netball Nights team has had one very narrow loss and one draw, but learned loads from their experience. In the draw, they came back from 1-6 in Q1, which shows great fight.
- Thanks to the parents who have come forward and are interested in coaching, we also could do with some umpires! If anyone is interested, please contact Susie on email@example.com
- Watch this space for the junior members roll of honour going onto the website this week, thanks to team admins and Keely for collating.
In other important news, which has already been communicated to u14&u16 parents, Kylie is stepping down from junior coaching at Leeds. It has been a very difficult decision for her to make, but she has been promoted at work and is moving further south in Sheffield, so finding is increasingly difficult to commit to netball coaching. Kylie will not be leaving until towards the end of the calendar year, so we have time to work out how we cover her roles with U14 and U16. We have Rochelle with U14 and we have coaching capacity at seniors that can support U16. We just need time to plan how this will work in practice.
We know that everyone will be disappointed that Kylie won't be coaching at Leeds, because she's had such a positive impact on the club and the athletes. However, we also respect her decision and wish her good luck with the new job role. We hope to welcome her back to coach in the future.
Here is a message from Kylie:
"I would like to thank everyone for their continued support over the past 2+ years. Netball has been a huge part of life since moving to Yorkshire, and I will be forever grateful to Leeds Athletic for all the opportunities it has presented me with. I will continue to support the club from a distance, and wish you continued success for the future.
People always talk about the impact a coach can have on a young persons life... but fail to mention the impact these inspiring young people have on a coaches life. The latter is very much true for me, so thank you"