ENGLAND NETBALL MEMBERSHIP CHANGES – IMPORTANT
We want to make sure that everyone is aware of the upcoming changes as part of the way their membership scheme is changing, as it is quite significant and places much more emphasis on the individual member rather than the Club to administrate this on behalf of players. It is crucial because people won’t be able to take to court in September unless they are paid up members! At this stage, we only have limited information and have seen a quick demo, so we don’t have a detailed understanding to support members yet!
England Netball are changing the current Mynet system, to a new system, which will be called Engage. Members must pay their own membership fees on the England Netball website by card or an annual direct debit can be set up. In the coming weeks, we need to get all our members, athletes, volunteers, parents, umpires and coaches to double check their own existing information is correct on the old Mynet system, especially e mail addresses. Everyone will also need to change their password. This is preliminary work so that everyone is set up ready to pay their own membership in July/August.
Here is the timeline!
- In MAY England Netball will send an e mail to players registered Mynet e mail address, introducing everyone to ENGAGE (the new system)
- Parents and non-affiliated volunteers will need to visit the website via a link in the e mail, search for our club and create an account for themselves NOT the child as the child already has one. This creates a list of PEOPLE associated with our club, often the child and parent e mail address will be the same if the parent is responsible for the child’s Mynet. We think this may mean that in future you will receive two e mails one for the child and one for the parent.
- There are some amazing prizes for clubs and individuals who have completed the check and change on MYNET before the beginning of June so please do it as soon as you receive the email!
- In JULY/AUGUST our members will be able to buy their own memberships from their own new ENGAGE area on the website. We assume there will be a series of prompts, and we hope to be able to guide members through this new process!
LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!
We have a couple of upcoming opportunities for match play in advance of trials starting. These are both at Leeds Beckett, 8-10pm on a Thursday, and are £4 per session to pay and play.
- We will have some matchplay for members in U14 through to seniors on 30th May.
- We will have some matches between players/parents/grandparents on 6th June.
For now, let Susie know if you’re interested. We recognise that lots of people won’t make this because of exams, but it is there if anyone wants a break.
RIBBLE VALLEY TOURNAMENT
We’re delighted that we have quite a few teams taking part on the RVNC tournament this coming weekend, let’s keep our fingers crossed for decent weather! Good luck everyone and please keep us posted on social media! Our U14s Nationals Squad are in their final stages of preparation for their tournament at the end of the month, and our U12s are only a month or so away from their Regional Tournament in Sheffield. Busy times! Good luck to everyone trialling for franchise teams ready for the Summer Tournament.
Leeds Athletic Netball Club